Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Come One, Come All

2. THE CARNIVALIST - galeriedeilluminata
3. Wingding Bros. World's Greatest Show - WinonaCookie
4. Nights With The Trapeze Girl - stilettoheights
Not all circus art is elephants and top hats. Sometimes it is a little dark, a little mysterious and inspires curiosity the likes of which you may never experience elsewhere. I wonder what the carnivals, circuses and sideshows depicted here have to offer your delicate sensibilities.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Sewicked said...

Why am I reminded of the circus in "By the Pricking of My Thumbs"?

. c h o k l i t . said...

Or Geek Love!

Fabulous circus picks, I love that bearded lady...

Unknown said...

Sewicked: The circus from Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury? My favorite book of ALL TIME. Love it.

Totus: Thanks for including Hortensia. Love it! :)

Artsnark said...

Too fab!