Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Anansi

The Spider God1. Anansi Celestial bindi - Akeishaf
2. Anansi, Two Bells, and a Broken Bird - cedarsong
3. ananse spider trickster print - munkie716
4. Statement ANANSI spider typewriter key necklace - TheObviousChild
Why, yes Anansi does appear in American Gods, but in a strange coincidence he was also the subject of my home schooled daughter's language arts class yesterday. I decided that it was a sign that the Spider god was due for his own feature.
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Sewicked said...

Ahh, spiders. Often considered patrons of lacemakers (because of Arachne, no doubt)

Straylight said...

Yes, but have you read 'Anansi Boys' by Neil Gaiman yet? :) Another great work by an excellent author.

Ricky Shambles said...

Found you through Cal. Lovely blog. And a huge fan of spiders. And now I simply must read American Gods that I borrowed from a friend quite recently. Thanks!